The FC Barcelona Medical Services were founded by Dr Carles Bestit in 1971 for the following basic purposes:
- To help athletes, via healthy means, to produce their?best performance
- Prevention and resolution of athletes’ health issues.
This services are mainly aimed at the Football section (male and female), but are also used by the other professional sportspeople (basketball, handball, roller hockey and futsal)?and by the Club’s amateur sections (rugby, field hockey, ice hockey, figure skating, volleyball and athletics), making for a total of some 2,000 users.
The different work areas are:
- Education programmes on sport and hygiene for players (nutrition, sporting habits, hygiene, no toxic substances, non-doping, etc.)
- Control of the athletes’ health. Personal health checks every year. Internal control of social drugs.
- Guidance and control programmes for sports performance.
- Staff health programme (coaches, staff, fitness instructors and other club personnel).
- Diagnosis, treatment, recovery and prevention of sports injuries.
- Healthcare services at sports events and on Club facilities.
CIUTAT ESPORTIVA JOAN GAMPER
Avda. Onze de Setembre, s/n 08970 Sant Joan Despí.?Barcelona.
Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 9.00pm
Summer physiotherapy times (from 1 July until?31?August)
Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 3.00pm